Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Activity Feeds in a Dashboard
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
Hi, and welcome to the Success Portal by xRM.com.
“Social CRM” is evolving into something much more than a concept in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. With the recent improvements to Activity Feeds and the continuing integration of Yammer, collaboration has never been easier.
Activity Feeds are a prime example of an embraced “social CRM.” Taking influences from social media applications like Twitter, Facebook, and of course, Yammer, an Activity Feed can be considered your “personal wall” of information. With it, you can follow records and other Users, you can like and reply to posts, and you can share information.
Dashboards in Dynamics CRM are no longer new, but continue to play a vital role in everyday work. Designed to give Users a 360 degree view of their workday, it serves as a hub of important, contextual data. It seems only logical to include your personal wall in a Dashboard, does it not?
Adding Activity Feeds to Dashboards
- Navigate to the Dashboard in question.
- Click Edit in the ribbon.
- In the section of the Dashboard where you want the Activity Feed, click the Web Resource icon. If you are replacing an existing Web Resource component, double-click the section.
- The Add Web Resource dialog opens. Click the lookup icon in the Web resource field.
- In the Look Up Record window, type “personal wall” in the Search field.
- Select the Web Resource, it should have a Display Name of “Personal Wall”, and then click the OK button.
- Click the OK button in the Add Web Resource window.
- Click Save & Close. Dynamics CRM should refresh and you’ll see your personal wall in the Dashboard.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorial, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.