Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Assigning Security Roles for Forms
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM there can be numerous forms for each entity. An example of this is the new forms for the Account, Case, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity entities. Not only can you revert to a classic look of the new form, but you can switch to the original default form, which is named “Information”.
Creating multiple forms for an entity allows you to choose which data certain Security Roles have access to for that record type. For example, you can have a different Contact form for sales reps and service reps. This allows the Users to work with the same entity, but they can only work with the data pertinent to their needs.
In this lesson, we demonstrate how to assign Security Roles to a form. This requires a Security Role of System Administrator or equivalent privileges.
Assigning Security Roles for a form
- Open the form you want to assign Security Roles to.
- Open the Form Editor by clicking the Customize tab in the ribbon and then clicking Form.
- In the ribbon of the Form Editor, click Assign Security Roles.
- The Assign Security Roles window for the form opens. To select individual roles for this form, select the Display only to these selected security roles option.
- Check the boxes to the corresponding Security Roles and then click the OK button.
- Save and Publish your changes to implement them.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.