Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Completing Activities in Bulk
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Activities are records of various tasks, such as making phone calls and sending e-mails. They help you record customer interactions and other relevant information.
Ideally, Activity records are created, notes and data are recorded, and then the Activity is closed. However, each business is unique, and not everyone uses Activities the same way. Depending on your business practices, scenarios may arise where you need to mark Activities as “complete” in bulk. In other words, you have a large number of open Activities that you’ve actually finished, but now have to officially mark as “complete” in Dynamics CRM.
Opening a large number of Activity records individually and closing them can be time-consuming. A simple solution is to create a Workflow that will do this for you. In this lesson, we’ll create one for Letter Activities. We’ll design it to run manually at the organizational level.
Completing Activities in bulk with a Workflow
- Navigate to Settings > Process Center > Processes, and then click New.
- Name the process, choose the Activity type in the Entity field (Letter in this lesson), and then select “Workflow” in the Category field. Click the OK button.
- In the Available to Run area, select “As an on-demand process”.
- Set the Scope to “Organization” if you want the Workflow to be available to all Users with the proper permissions.
- In Start when area, identify when you want the Workflow to be triggered (in this lesson, no option is selected, meaning the Workflow must be manually triggered).
- Click Add Step and select “Change Status”.
- Make sure the Activity type (Letter in this lesson) is selected in the first dropdown.
- In the second dropdown, select the completed option you desire (“Sent” in this lesson).
- Save and activate the Workflow.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.