Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Custom Activity Types
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
One of the greatest qualities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is its ability to work the way your business works. Custom entities are a prime example of this. But did you know that you can also create custom Activity types?
In Dynamics CRM, Activities are a special class of entity. Appointments, Phone Calls, and Tasks are a few examples. They have unique properties and functionalities, such as end dates and the Mark Complete functionality.
In this lesson, we’re going to create a custom Activity entity.
Creating a custom Activity entity
- Navigate to Settings > Customization > Customizations > Customize the System.
- When the Default Solution window opens, click Entities.
- In the toolbar, click New.
- The new entity form opens. Fill out the necessary information, just as you would a regular custom entity. To designate this as an Activity, check the Define as an activity entity box.
- Click the save icon and publish the entity before you use it.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.