Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Disabling the New Forms
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
CRM Online has new, process-driven forms for the Account, Case, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity entities. If however, you find that the new form experience does not suit your business, you can switch back to the previous form experience for all your Users. As the System Administrator, you can do this by making all Security Roles unable to view the new forms. In doing so, you will learn how to limit forms to select Security Roles.
Removing the permissions of all Security Roles to view the new forms:
- Navigate to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System
- Drill down into the forms any of the applicable entities (Account > Forms in this example). NOTE: if you wish to disable ALL of the new forms, you must do this for each of the five entities mentioned above.
- Select the new form, which is titled “Account” (you can tell which one is the new form by reading the description)
- Click Assign Security Roles in the toolbar, which opens the Assign Security Roles window
- Select the “Display only to these selected security roles” option. NOTE: this is where you could choose to display forms to Users with certain Security Roles
- Uncheck the top checkbox to deselect every Security Role.
- Uncheck the “Enabled for fallback” box. This ensures that Users with Security Roles that do not have forms assigned to them will be unable to view the new forms.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
- Publish your customizations.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal or our xRM.com blog.