Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Charts are great for analyzing data visually. There are system Charts and personal Charts. System Charts are viewable by the organization, while personal Charts are visible to individual Users. They can also be shared with other Users.
A great way to create a system Chart is to build a personal version of the Chart first. That way, you can test it out for a while and make the necessary adjustments before making it available to all Users. However, personal Charts cannot be turned into system ones with the push of a button. They must be recreated from scratch.
In this lesson, we demonstrate a tip that will save you the time it takes to recreate a Chart by exporting the personal Chart and reimporting it as a system one. This task requires a Security Role of System Administrator, System Customizer, or equivalent privileges.
Exporting a personal Chart and reimporting it as a system Chart
- From the open Chart, click the Charts tab of the ribbon and click Export Chart.
- Save the file in a designated location.
- Click the Customize tab of the ribbon and click Customize Entity.
- The Solution: Default Solution window opens. Click Charts in the entity where you want the Chart to be imported.
- Click More Actions in the toolbar and select “Import Chart”.
- An Import Chart dialog opens. Select the file and click the OK button.
- Name the Chart, and then click the Import button.
- Once you are notified that it has been successfully imported, click the Close button.
- Publish your changes to the entity by clicking the entity name in the navigation pane, and then clicking Publish.
The personal Chart will now appear as a system Chart in the Chart selector, which is visible to all Users in the organization.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal, and blog.xrm.com.