Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
When an automatic Workflow is triggered, or an on-demand Workflow is manually started, CRM Online creates a Workflow job. These jobs are tracked in multiple locations in CRM Online, where you can monitor and manage them.
In this tutorial, we will show you three locations from which you can view these Workflow jobs in CRM Online.
From an open record
- Open the form of any record type
- From the open form, in the left pane, navigate to Processes > Workflows. NOTE: If you are viewing a record from the new Polaris form, you will need to switch to the Information form. Toggle between the forms by clicking the header at the top of the left pane.
- Once you reach the System Job Associated View, you can see each Workflow Job that has taken action on the record. By selecting it, without opening it, and then clicking More Actions, you can perform a number of actions on this job like Pause, Resume, and Postpone.
- Open the record to open the System Job form. This is especially useful in identifying where the Workflow failed if it was unable to be completed.
From System Jobs
- Navigate to Settings > System > System Jobs
From the actual Workflow that created the job
- Navigate to Settings > Customization > Solutions
- The Solution: Workflow Solution window opens. Find the Workflow in question and open it
- The Process form opens and you see the general information of this Workflow. To view the jobs created by this Workflow, in the left pane, navigate to Processes > Workflows
- The Workflow Job Associated View opens, showing you all of the jobs created by this Workflow
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal or our xRM.com blog.