Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Modifying Navigation of a Form
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
We’ve extensively covered the customizability of Microsoft Dynamics CRM here in the Success Portal. Many of these customizations apply to configuring forms. We’ve created custom fields and added them to a form, inserted sub-grids, and a number of others configurations. But did you know that you could modify the navigation pane of a form?
This configuration can often be overlooked because customizing the sitemap and sections of the system navigation can be a little tricky. But modifying the navigation of an entity is quite simple. In fact, it can be done from the Form Editor. In this lesson, we’re going to reorganize and remove some items from the left navigation. This task require a Security Role of System Administrator or equivalent privileges.
Modifying the navigation of a form
- From the open form of your choosing, open the Form Editor by clicking the Customize tab of the ribbon and then clicking Form.
- In the Select section of the ribbon, click Navigation.
- Click and drag sections or items to any location in the pane.
- To remove an item, select it and click Remove in the ribbon.
- Whole sections cannot be removed, but you can remove each item of that section. Once every item is removed, the section label will not appear in the open record.
- Click Save and then Publish in the ribbon to apply your changes.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.