Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
Advanced Find is one of the more powerful features in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Its numerous menus and dropdowns can seem overwhelming at first, but it can quickly become an invaluable tool once you’ve familiarized yourself with it. It can be used to create marketing campaign target groups, ad-hoc data analysis, and saved Views for surfacing frequently needed information. In this lesson we’ll do the latter.
Simple Views can go a long way in helping Users better leverage Microsoft Dynamics CRM. One example is a View that shows you records that are past their estimated closing date. This could be applied to records like Activities and Opportunities. A similar View could be created for Cases, which would display records that are older than a specified time period.
In this lesson, we demonstrate how to create a View for the Opportunity entity that displays open records whose estimated closing date falls within the past 30 days. However, similar logic can be applied to create similar Views for other entities.
Creating an “Overdue Opportunities” View
- Navigate to Workplace > Sales > Opportunities, and then click Advanced Find in the ribbon.
- Select “[new]” in the Use Saved View field to clear the filter criteria.
- Set the first string of criteria to “Status”, “Equals”, “Open”.
- Set the second string of criteria to “Est. Close Date”, “Last X Days”, and then choose the number of days (30 in this lesson).
- Click Save As in the ribbon.
- The Query Properties dialog opens. Name the View, and then click the OK button.
- Close the Advanced Find window, refresh Opportunities and you’ll find the new View in the View selector.
This is a simple query that can be applied to a number of entities to help prevent records from remaining overdue.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.