Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Process Control Configuration
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
The December 2012 Service Update brought new forms for the Account, Case, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity entities. The updated experience (UX) forms bring a Process Bar to the Case, Lead, and Opportunity entities. The processes help track and drive the progression of a sale or case to a desired outcome. You can use the default processes out of the box, or you can customize the stages and steps to meet the needs of your organization. The Process Control Customization Tool is used to customize the sales or service processes of an organization.
The Process Control Customization Tool can be opened from a sales or service record that contains the Process Bar. Once the customization tool opens, you can see the stages associated with the entity. For instance, if you open the tool from a Lead record you can only see the Qualify stage since it is the only one associated with the Lead entity. Leads and Opportunities are part of the same sales process though, which is why we can toggle between the two entities right from the tool. When we click Opportunity, we can see all of the stages of the sales process.
The layout of the tool displays stages, steps, and fields from left to right. The stages are ordered top to bottom from first to last. There is a dividing line between each stage. You can edit the labels of the stages or steps simply by clicking them. You can also add new steps and stages by clicking the plus sign icon next to the column labels.
You can change the order of stages and steps by selecting one, and then clicking the up or down arrows at the bottom of the tool. To remove a stage or step, select it, and then click the “x” icon that appears on the far right side of the selected row.
Opening and using the Process Control Customization Tool
- From an open Case, Lead, or Opportunity record, click the ellipsis in the command bar
- Depending on the entity type, select Edit Sales Process or Edit Service Process
- The Process Control Customization Tool opens. If you are editing the sales process, you can toggle between the Lead and Opportunity entities.
- To edit the name of a stage or step, click its label
- To add a stage or step, click the plus sign icon next to the corresponding column label
- To move a stage or step, select it, and then click the up or down arrow icons at the bottom of the tool
- To remove a stage or step, select it, and then click the “x” icon that appears in the far right side of the selected row
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal or our xRM.com blog.