Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Quick Campaign for an Event
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
Quick Campaigns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM allow you to distribute a single type of Activity to a list of Accounts, Contacts, or Leads. Quick Campaigns can easily be overlooked, but there are real scenarios where they can be quite helpful.
Let’s say you’re hosting a benefit for Contacts in your area. You want to call each Contact and verify whether or not they will attend. With a Quick Campaign, we can easily generate a Phone Call Activity for each Contact, and we can then track their responses. Utilizing Campaign Responses can be quite useful for tracking results. That way, once you’re done making your calls, you’ll have a list of responses, which can even be exported to Excel.
Launching a Quick Campaign
- Generate your list of Accounts, Contacts, or Leads.
- Select the records, click the Add tab in the ribbon, click Quick Campaign, and then click For Selected Records.
- The Create Quick Campaign wizard opens. Click Next.
- Give the Quick Campaign a name. Click Next.
- Choose the Activity Type (Phone Call in this lesson), decide whom to assign the records, and then click the Next button.
- On the next page, specify the content of the Activity and then click Next.
- Click Create to launch the Quick Campaign.
Leveraging Campaign Responses
- From the open Activity in the Quick Campaign, click Promote to Response in the Convert Activity section of the ribbon.
- This opens a new Campaign Response. Use the Response Code field to record the results of the Activity.
- Click Save & Close.
- Back at the Activity record, click Mark Complete.
- To view the results, click Campaign Responses in the navigation of the Quick Campaign. This list can also be exported to Excel.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.