Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Reassigning Multiple Records
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, a basic functionality that you’re probably familiar with is assigning records. But did you know that you could reassign multiple records at once? This is extremely useful in circumstances where you undergo employee or business changes. In this lesson, we’re going to reassign a number of Account records based on a particular attribute to another User in our organization. It’s important to note that when you reassign Account records, all associated Activity records are also reassigned.
We’re going to reassign these records from an Advanced Find search. This way we can easily reassign all the necessary records from one place.
Using Advanced Find to reassign records
- From the desired entity (Accounts in this lesson), click Advanced Find in the ribbon.
- Start a new search and set the criteria.
- Click Results in the ribbon.
- Select the records you wish to reassign and then click Assign in the ribbon.
- A window opens prompting you to choose whether you want to assign these records to yourself or to another User or Team. Once you’ve identified the party, click the OK button.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.