Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Relationship Behavior Types
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
By default in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, when an Account record is reassigned all related Activity records change ownership too. This includes closed Activity records. There could be a genuine need to change this relationship type for record-keeping purposes. Perhaps your business wants closed records to remain unchanged once they are closed. You would probably want to configure the cascade settings for that relationship.
In this tutorial, we change the relationship settings between the Account and Task entities, but this lesson can be applied to nearly all entities.
This task requires a Security Role of System Administrator or equivalent privileges.
First, let’s cover the four relationship types discussed in this lesson:
- Cascade All—action is performed on all child records
- Cascade Active—only active associated records are changed when the parent record is changed
- Cascade None—nothing happens to the child record when the parent record is changed
- Cascade User-Owned—only related records with the same owner of the parent record are affected
Configuring the 1:N Relationship Behavior between and Account and related Tasks
- Navigate to Settings > Customization > Customizations, and then click Customize the System.
- When the Default Solution window opens, drill down to the Account entity and click 1:N Relationships (one-to-many).
- Open the Accounts to Tasks relationship record.
- In the Relationship Behavior area, change the Type of Behavior field to Configurable Cascading.
- In this lesson, we’re configuring the behaviors so that when an Account record is reassigned, only active related Task records are affected by a change of ownership. Therefore, change the Assign field to Cascade Active.
- Click Save and Close, and then publish your changes.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.