Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
Have you ever tried to sort data by a certain field in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but were unable to find that field in the search? A prime example of this is the “Do not allow Bulk E-mails” field in the Contact entity.
In the “Contact Preferences” lesson, one of the topics we discussed was how to improve your return-on-investment (ROI) numbers for marketing campaigns. Essentially, we recommended that when creating your Marketing List, make sure to not include members that have the Bulk E-mail field marked as “Do Not Allow”, meaning they do not want to receive bulk e-mails. This of course would apply to marketing campaign e-mails.
In this scenario, it’s ideal to add members to a Marketing List using an Advanced Find search. By default, strangely enough, all contact preference fields are searchable except Bulk E-mail. However, this does not mean that it is impossible to search for the Bulk E-mail field, it just needs to be configured so that it is searchable.
This task requires a Security Role of System Administrator, System Customizer, or equivalent privileges.
Configuring the Searchable field of a component
- Navigate to Settings > Customization > Customizations > Customize the System.
- Drill down into the entity containing the field you wish to configure.
- Click Fields.
- Locate the field and open it.
- In the Schema section of the form, change the Searchable field to “Yes” or “No” depending on whether or not you want it available in Advanced Find.
- Save and publish your changes.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorial, please refer to the Success Portal and blog.xrm.com.