Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Goals are a useful tool for gauging the progress towards a desired target. An example of this would be successfully resolving 40 Case records in a month. But what if 40 is the standard target, and you want to set your sights a little bit higher? This is a prime example of what stretch targets are for.
Stretch targets are enabled in the Goal Metric form, and then set in the Goal record. Once the stretch target appears on the Goal form, it can be represented in a Chart. This way, users can visually track their Goal progress against a target and a stretch target.
Enabling stretch targets for a Goal Metric.
- Navigate to the Goal entity in either the Sales or Service modules.
- Open the Goal that you wish to apply a stretch target to, or create a new Goal.
- When the Goal form opens, click the selected Goal Metric to open its record. If the field is blank, click the lookup icon to open the Look Up Records dialog, select the desired metric without opening it, and then click the Properties button.
- When the Goal Metric record opens, check the Track Stretch Target box.
- Click Save & Close and return to the Goal record.
- Save, close, and reopen the Goal record, and the Stretch Target field will appear alongside the Target field.
Once you enable stretch targets for a Goal Metric, they will be enabled for all Goals using that metric.
For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please refer to the Success Portal, and blog.xrm.com.