Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Training
Yammer and CRM
An error occurred while loading the video. Please try again.
Yammer & CRM
Thank you for viewing “Yammer and CRM.” Below, you will find a short practicum designed to help you reinforce this lesson as well as a summary of the material covered in the video.
Practice makes perfect! Complete the short assignment below to reinforce the material that you learned in the video.
Even if you do not have Yammer integrated with CRM 2013, you can still practice posting using the out-of-the-box activity feed feature. Navigate to the feed by going to Sales > What’s New? From your feed, compose a post and reference an existing record in your database using the “@” symbol.
For guidance please refer to the instructions in this email and the “Yammer and CRM” video.
This video is separated into 3 segments. The first segment highlights Yammer’s features and how they relate to Dynamics CRM. The second segment demonstrates how CRM interacts with Yammer. The last segment covers how to activate the Yammer Feed for any entity.
Yammer is a business solution that focuses on communication. It’s a private social network that is designed to drive collaborations between coworkers. Its focus is on open communication between not only teams, but across the entire organization.
The Yammer Feed is displayed on records that require collaboration. Conversations are publicly tracked in Yammer, logging the history of collaborations on a record. These conversations share some conventions of other social media tools like Facebook and Twitter. The use of hashtags and @ symbols allow users to reference common records and topics to provide context to conversations and collaborations.
How to connect Yammer to Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
1. Navigate Settings > Administration > Yammer Configuration.
2. Click the Continue button.
3. Click the Authorize link to sign into your Yammer account.
4. Select a Yammer Group ID.
5. Set the Level of security for Yammer activity stream messages. You can choose either Public or Private.
How to enable the Yammer feed for an entity:
1. Navigate to Settings > Customizations > Customize the System.
2. The Solution: Default Solution window opens. Navigate to the desired entity.
3. In the Communication & Collaboration section, check the Notes box.
4. Navigate to Forms within the selected entity and open the editor for the desired form (usually the Main form).
5. In the Form editor, click the Insert tab and then click Notes in the ribbon. To modify the settings of the social pane, double-click it in the body of the form.
6. Click Save and then Publish your changes.
7. Close out of the Solution window, and then navigate to Settings > Post Configurations.
8. Open the record of the desired entity, and then click Activate in the command bar.
9. Finally, return to the Solution window, select the entity, and click Publish.
Please refer to the “What is New in CRM 2013” video series for more information regarding the changes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. In this series, you’ll find the New User Interface, Mobility, Process Flow, Business Intelligence, Yammer & CRM, Portable Business Logic, and Additional “What’s New” Resources videos.